Local Senates Handbook 2020
Relations with Local Senates Committee
This Local Senates Handbook has been compiled by the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges’ Relations With Local Senates Committee to be a resource for new and experienced academic senate presidents, providing them with information and context to support them being effective faculty leaders.
To view our full handbook, please download the Local Senates Handbook PDF or read the Local Senates Handbook online version. Visit the webpage for the Local Senates Handbook for additional information.
This handbook is organized into five parts:
- Part I: The Academic Senate for California Community Colleges: A Brief History
- Part II: Roles and Responsibilities of the Academic Senate
- Part III. Duties as a Local Senate President
- Part IV. Ensuring the Effectiveness of the Local Academic Senate
- Part V. Linking Local Senates to the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges
Mentorship Handbook 2021
ASCCC Part-time Committee
ASCCC recognizes that mentorship is a key component to the success of new faculty, both for those employed full-time or part-time, as well as for those seeking employment opportunities in the California community colleges. This handbook was developed by the ASCCC Part-time Committee in 2021 to provide a written guide and repository of resources for the development of mentorship programs at California community colleges.
This handbook is organized into four parts:
- Part 1: Mentee Resources
- Part 2: Mentor Resources
- Part 3: The Why: Effective Practices for Administration, Boards of Trustees, and Faculty Leaders in Supporting Mentorship Programs
- Part 4: Appendices: Mentor Tools